Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ch. 14 Quote 3/19

"Something snags in my throat. I don't want to do this. I don't want to give up Abba's money and do secret business with those men in the other room. I just want to sit with this boy here and laugh at the stupid jokes. I want everything to be the way it was before we went to Canada, when Ma and Abba let me watch TV for an hour every night, and I would rest the back of my head against Abba's legs. Suddenly I can feel it, his words of patience telling me to choose right, even when the storms come."

I was disappointed when Nadira decided to buy Abba documents illegally. I had a feeling that she would back out, but I thought that she would out of fear. Instead, I was surprised when she decided to leave because she knew what she was doing was immoral and untrustworthy. Nadira showed great self control and courage in a situation when she was being pressured.

No comments:

Post a Comment